Chocolate Chip Quinoa Cookies
from Sonya’s Kitchen
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- ¼ cup sunflower seed butter (or almond or peanut butter)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup rolled oats blended into fine oat flour
- 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa
- ½ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add applesauce, sugar and seed or nut butter, baking powder and salt to a mining bowl and stir until smooth and combined.
- Make some oat flour if you don’t have any prepared, then add the oat flour and quinoa and gently fold to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Prepare baking sheet with a quick spray or use silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Drop dough onto the baking tray using a spoon to make 12 cookies. You can use your fingers to shape them a bit but no need to be perfect.
- Bake for 25 minutes then remove from the oven and let cool on the pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Gently transfer cookies to a cooling rack. Let cool completely before storing.
The cookies can be stored at room temperature for up to 4 days in an air-tight container, in the fridge for about a week or frozen for up to 2 months.